Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Getting your opinion

Do these two fabric swatches match?

Are they close enough?

I'm considering getting a chair in the red fabric, but already have another chair in the floral fabric (which I do like, even though it's floral). I'd like them to match, even if it's ever-so-slightly.
What I really want to hear from you here is that, yes, they do match.
Just thought I'd let you know.
-------------------------------------
Okay, and now that you're warmed up, I'm also trying to decide on a pair of sunglasses.
I have a coupon for $150 off a pair of glasses from Pearle Vision, and I've decided to put it towards a good pair of prescription sunglasses. I want plastic frames because I always end up wearing sunglasses on my head, and metal frames would get tangled terribly! I'm also looking for a pair of frames that are a little larger than my regular glasses, so they block the sun and actually do protect my eyes from UV rays. I'm told the polarized lenses have a grey-green tint which probably means it would be better to have black frames (but I'm sure other colours will look fine too). Lastly, I thought perhaps I'd go a bit bolder, but then I want them to be neutral enough that I'll wear them for many years to come.
-------------
So here are the options:
#1

#2

#3

#4 #5

Okay, so the pictures aren't the greatest, but the idea is to compare the different frames.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like #1 and #3, pair #5 are too square.

Jenn & Owen said...

Yes they matchish, and I like pair #4. I am, however, an inveterate retro-guy, and I believe that sunglasses should make a girl look like Audry Hepburn and a guy look like Frank Sinatra in the original Ocean's 11.

Jenn.London said...

Yes they Match and I agree with Anonymous... #1 or #3. Leaning more towards 3 however...

Charlotte said...

I'd vote for #2. #3 and #5 I don't like very much. But then, what do I know about fashion?

The fabrics look pretty close.

Unknown said...

The fabrics look like a close match to me. At that price, it should automatically match everything you own!

In order: 1, 3, 2, 5, 4. Which is funny, because #5 is probably my favourite in general, but you look better in the lighter frames. I like the retro look, too, especially in sunglasses, but #2 would acomplish that just as well.

I should probably be working.

Anonymous said...

I like #1 and #3. Though I really like how you are zooming in at us in #4.

Hope you see you soon!

Tracy and Adam

Anonymous said...

So whats the verdict Andrea? Any decisions?

Anonymous said...

Actually, I'm not sure the pair I decided on was in the list. Funny that. My sunglasses are brown framed, with brown polarised lenses similar if not the same as #1. When I went back to find the sunglasses, I had trouble finding the frames I had originally picked out. With S's help I think I found a pair that look good and that I like. I need to remember not to shop with S. when she's hungry though because I think after 15 mins she was ready for me to settle on _any_ pair! Feed S. first, then shop. That should be my new rule.