Pages

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Stopping to smell the roses

Yes, as idyllic as it sounds, the roads here are lined with roses! Well, in Clayton Park anyway. I'm not kidding. Dunbrack is lined on both sides and down the middle with wild (Alberta) roses for miles and miles. When you drive down Dumbrack in the summertime, make sure to roll down your windows because you can definitely smell the roses.

Before my walk this morning I made sure to pocket my SwissArmy knife so I could get a couple cuttings. At the end of my walk I took a few cuttings of both the white and fuschia roses, and arranged them in my new rose bowl.
About the rosebowl....it's been packed away in a box for almost a decade. It was one of many things my grandmother packed away in several boxes for me. The boxes were filled with all sorts of interesting things. I didn't bother to ship the boxes to Toronto because many of the things are fragile, and space was limited. Now that I'm closer I can actually use what's in the boxes, without worrying about breakage AND I have the space to store the semi-useless pieces.

I'll post photos of some of the other pieces as I start to use them.

No comments: