Pages

Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas come-and-gone

I really can't believe how fast Christmas comes and goes. It seems there's always a mad-dash to get things done (shopping, baking, cleaning, cards), that I'm exhausted by the time Christmas Day hits.

This year we seemed to do things in record time. Our mountain of gifts were unwrapped by morning coffee (10ish), and we devoured Christmas dinner by 1:30. And before you know it, it's back to work I go. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining. It was fun spending time with family, playing games, eating (because a lot of our traditions seem to be related to food, my favourite being the birthday cake for Jesus - a seven layer white cake with delicious chocolate icing!). I just wish time didn't pass so fast!

I also wish the lead-up to Christmas wasn't so frenetic.

Every year I make a resolution to not wait until the last minute to do my Christmas shopping, and most years this resolution goes out the window as I realise I have most of my shoppings to do a week before Christmas! But here it goes again, since it's nearly New Year's, I will make a resolution to have all my gifts ready/purchased before Advent 2008! That's before the first week of December. And since I'm making resolutions, I'm also going to resolve to make more gifts next year. I think I'm up for it, and my wallet could really use the reprieve.

No comments: