- Library returns and pick-ups - check! Picked up three DVDs, "The Visitor", "Run Lola, Run", and Deepa Mehta's "Fire".
- Take recycling to the depot - check!
- Exchange new, but non-functioning cordless phone for a new, hopefully functioning cordless phone - check! (Thank goodness for extended warranties!)
- Take expired medications etc. to Shoppers for disposal - check! (You're not supposed to flush or trash your expired meds. Instead, take them to the drugstore where they can dispose of them properly.)
- Gas up, and clean out the car - mostly check. Will have to vacuum someday when it's not raining out.
- Blog - check!
- Clean bbq
- Meal plan for the week, then shop for groceries.
- Tidy/file papers on desk.
Today, I also decided to experiment with hats.
The Bay at the West End Mall in Halifax is closing and everything is 70% off the last ticketed price. Among many things, including the 2010 Vancouver Olympics Mittens (on sale for $3), cloth napkins and table runners, facecloths and a few other items, I picked up two hats. The ticketed price on the hats was $5.99 and $10.00; that's $4.50ish total for both. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this deal may even beat out Frenchy's!
As it turns out, rainy days are perfect hat days. I didn't have to wipe my glasses once while I was out and about.