Pages

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I S F J

Today I took the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test.

I was surprised to find out that my personality type hasn't changed from when I first took the test online 5 years ago.

My personality type is :
I S F J : Intravert, Sensing, Feeling, and Judging
Actually I have a borderline Intravert/Extravert and Judging/Perceiving personality. Sensing and Feeling were very clearly defined. More about the ISFJ personality here. And, it's good to know that one of the ideal careers for ISFJs is an archivist. So I guess I'm in the right spot.

You can take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test here. This is where I took the test 5 years ago, and, though the test is different, my results were pretty much the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, So I took the test. I am ESFP - extroverted, sensing, feeling, perceivng... this is one of the comments of the results:

"Perhaps it's the newness of life that attracts ESFPs to elementary education, especially to preschool and kindergarten.

ESFPs love to talk to people about people. Some of the most colorful storytellers are ESFPs. Their down-to-earth, often homespun wit reflects a mischievous benevolence.

Almost every ESFP loves to talk."

The only career it mentions happens to be right up my alley :)
Interesting....

Talk to you soon,,,
Jenn London

Andrea said...

That IS interesting! And it sounds fairly accurate of your personality, Jenn.

Here's another site that explains the types better: http://www.personalitypathways.com/dom-fe.html

I'm not sure how seriously we should take these kinds of tests, but it gives us a good idea of our own strengths and weaknesses.