Pages

Friday, October 13, 2006

Surprise! ...I'm home!

Thanksgiving was fantastic! This year I managed to surprise my family by flying home to NS without anyone knowing. My mother was in tears, my grandparents were speechless, the weather was perfect and the break was much needed. I had a fantastic visit with my family. It was so good to simply be, to laugh and play with family, to talk with the folks who know me best.

Most of my visit was spent at our family cottage. The cottage is my favourite place in the world. I could happily spend the rest of my days there and never get tired of it. There's no better place to be. I think it's because I love spending time with my family and I have a lifetime of fond memories at the cottage. And I think I have more of an appreciation for the natural environment - a side effect of living in the city for longer than I'd like.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you enjoyed your trip home...What a nice surprise for them!
Beautiful pics from the cottage as always.
talk soon
Jenn