Pages

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Knit one, purl two

How beautiful is this yarn!?! I went shopping today after work with a friend who knows more about knitting than I do. She took me to Romni Wools, an amazing store in the Queen St. W. neighbourhood. When you walk in you you're immediately hit with the smell of wool. You look around and all you can see wall to wall are the vibrant colours of balls and balls of yarn of all different shapes and sizes. Balls of yarn tumbling onto the floor. Soft cottons, silk and mohair yarns to itchy, coarse wools. Everything you could possibly imagine, in dyes that are almost beyond imagination! It's sensory overload.
This was my first knitting project. It started off as my practice piece, but was just the right size to fold in half, stitch up the sides with a blanket stitch and add a drawstring at the top for a hot water bottle cozy. I tried out a few different type of stitches in this piece and had a bit of fun with it. It's not the nicest knitted hot water bottle cozy, but it's a start.
Millie likes the yarn too. :)

1 comment:

Jenn & Owen said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Millie's Sweet!