Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

For most of this week I've been laid low with the flu, and then an eye infection. Needless to say, I haven't been very ambitious when it comes to cooking. Instead, I've been sticking with the old standbys - tomato soup, toast and yogurt....and lots of water.

I was treated to very tasty homemade lentil soup in the middle of the week thanks to a very dear friend. This was a real treat not only because it was ready-made and served hot, but because it had flavour and because it was good to see a friendly face after being home sick for a couple days by myself! (Thanks R.!)

And today, to celebrate payday, a few of us from work ("the ladies who lunch") went out for a delicious Middle-Eastern meal at Mezza.
We all agreed that we have to come back... it was THAT delicious. We all ordered kebabs - I ordered the Kafte (lamb) kebab with basmati and a salad. And it tasted so good to eat something different from my usuals this week.
*****
On a different note, before I got sick last weekend, I made my first trip to Dollarama in awhile. I was more than a little surprised to see that the prices have changed - items were $1.25, $1.50 and even $2.00! Whoa! When did this happen?

No comments: