Pages

Sunday, May 03, 2009

4 more reasons ...

...why the cottage is my favourite place on earth:

1. Nosey geese trying to get as close as they dare to shore to see what's causing all the ruckus. We were at the the cottage for the annual clean-up day and, of course, making a lot of noise - the dogs barking, the chainsaw cutting trees, people talking and shouting over the chainsaw, etc.
We were also visited by a loon, but it didn't stick around for too long.
2. Gorgeous sunsets in the Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter! This was my first visit to the cottage in the Spring. As usual, I was able to stick around to see the sun setting over the lake and it did not disappoint.
3. Indoor plumbing that has, as a result, rendered this outhouse redundant! The cottage has had indoor plumbing and an bathroom for many years now, though I do remember a time when it didn't.
4. Mayflowers! I managed to find, with the help of my mother, a few remaining mayflower blossoms. Ironically, they blossom in April. It's been a long time since I've looked for Mayflowers, so now I have a better idea of what I'm looking for on my woodsy walks in the city.

No comments: