Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Finally! I figured out how to upload photos from my new digital camera. Apparently all I had to do was download the software. So now I can actually share some pictures from the last week. Here are a couple highlights:

We had a big snowstorm a week ago this past Wednesday, and Halifax got a lot of snow. The most I've seen in one storm since I moved here, I think.

So, what do you do when you get a lot of heavy, wet snow? You build a 4 ft snowman! That's what!
My "Little" and I built this awesome snowman the day after the storm. He was a sight to be seen. But you would've had a very short time to see him, because no sooner had we built him then the miscreants in my neighbourhood demolished him. (Within the hour he was built, actually. Jerks!). I was livid, but also thankful we got a few pictures and also thankful the "Little" didn't see him destroyed before she left for the night.

Another great thing to do when it's cold outside, is to eat hearty foods, like mashed potatoes while taking advantage of a good deal! That's what a few of us from work did on Friday - we took advantage of Seasons' (the restaurant in the Atlantica Hotel) potini Friday!. What is "potini Friday", you ask? Well, it's mashed potato served in a martini glass with about a dozen different toppings that you load onto your potini. Like this work of art:
I can't take credit for this masterpiece. It was not mine. I stuck to the fried onions and mushrooms (which were delicious!).

Well, that's pretty much it. I could post more, but I'm pooped. It's been a long week with lots going on, and I've got a busy weekend ahead. I'm actually considering going to bed early, maybe even now, at 9pm!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Imagine a potato martini! Oh my word! Who thought that up, I wonder?? But aside from sounding naff, it looks very tasty. Would you go back?

Andrea said...

I would go back. It's a fun concept and, yes, the potini in the picture is ...um... rather loaded with toppings. I stuck to fried onions and mushrooms with a little parsley on mine. But then the photo of mine isn't nearly as spectacular as the one I posted. They would make a fun appetizer for a dinner party.

Sarah said...

Hi again. :) Thanks for the link you left on my blog. That is such a funny song! Cheers!