Pages

Thursday, January 06, 2011

2010's To Do List

Wow. It's been a while. The last couple of months have been busy, but mostly I fell out of the habit of blogging. That happens, I guess. I actually have a 2011 To Do List to post, but figured I should probably report on the progress I made with the 2010 To Do List first. Don't get your hopes up, my progress was minimal.

1. Print digital pictures and put them in photo albums.  Didn't get this done, however I did back-up my photos and sort the digital files/folders. That's a start right?

2. Knit a pair of socks. Thanks to Aunt S., I have a pair started - toe-up socks, even! I love the toe-up concept. You tackle the hardest parts first - the toe, then the heel - then the rest is clear sailing, plus you don't have to worry about running out of yarn! I've got the toe of one knit, when I get to the heel, I'll have to arrange another visit with Aunt S. to get good instructions.

3. Buy a GPS and go geocaching. Done! GPS purchased and 14 geocaches located by the end of 2010. It's very fun and there are caches in just about every corner of the province. I foresee getting a lot of use out of this gadget!

4. Make a fabric/ribbon memo board.  Scratched this one.  I haven't forgotten about it entirely. I'd like to have one at home and even at work, but it's not a high priority.

5. Read Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina Started!  As of the end of 2010, I got to page 237. I stalled after part of the second section due to life (actually, due to another book I was reading for my Small Group Bible Study).

6. Get involved in my church in Sept. Haven't yet, but will. I'm ashamed to admit that I've held back this long from getting involved. That's not exactly a good example of "living in community" is it? Part of the problem is shyness of all things. For some reason I find myself extremely timid at church. This is weirdness I have to overcome, and I'm sure it'll dissipate  the more I get involved.

7. Frame my gerbera print. Scratched from list. I still love the gerbera print, but noticed that it's starting to lose some of the colour. The cost of framing just isn't worth it. Instead, I've repurposed it as a background image on my desk, which seems to work quite well.


8. Buy a headboard for my bed. Not done. I couldn't settle on any one bedframe, and also found them to be overpriced . I've been surfing Kijiji for potentials and have even considered making my own. Again, it's not a huge priority, just another one of those things it would be nice to have.

9. Attempt a pie crust (again!). Didn't do it. Should've done it. But do I really want to be trying to master pie crusts? Is that really a good idea?? 

10. Become a Host in the YMCA's Immigrant Host Program. Not done. I've held off from this because I'm a little concerned about the commitment. I don't want to sign-up for something and find I can't follow-up with it. Already I have the Big/Little commitment + pottery lessons this Winter. I still like the idea though.

11. Learn to kayak. Check!  This was an unofficial item on the To Do List. Actually, I added it in the summer. I was so pleased to have the chance to learn to kayak at the Becoming an Outdoor Woman weekend. It was definitely a highlight of the year, and I'd definitely like to get more practice in a kayak.

One last thing to add: While these were all things I aimed to do in 2010, I'm not terribly disappointed I was only able to check a couple things off the list. This year was a big year for other reasons (conference planning took up a good 6 months of it!) and mostly these are just things I'd like to get to eventually. Even still, my priorities shift from the beginning of the year to the end. Some of these just aren't really that important to worry about. Next year's list may be a bit more focussed, you'll have to wait and see.  ;)

No comments: