Pages

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Butchered

I've had the same hair style for the last 5 years. I like having long hair - I like the flexibility of being able to pull it back or let it down, to put it in braids or to curl it, even to twirl it absent-mindedly.

Well for the last little while the ends have been getting drier and more split. It's about time I had a good cut. And I went in willing to get it cut shorter than usual....but this?....

Too short!!
And yet another BAD layering! (Why can't I find someone who knows what they're doing?!)

Why do hair stylists think that they can cover-up a hack-job with small talk. My stylist chattered away about nothing at all, all the while apparently cutting shorter and shorter layers . I made it very clear that I wantd subtle layers, and what do I get? Deep layers, that's what.

*Sigh*

It'll take me a good year to grow it out to a length I'll be happy with. Will post pictures once I get over the trauma and see if it looks better after a wash and my own attempt to style.

Conclusion: I've had good haircuts in Wolfville, and though it's an hour away it's worth it. And it would've cost me exactly half of what this cost me.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I'm sure it looks fine. You just need to get used to it not being there.