Pages

Sunday, January 07, 2007

This made me laugh

As I was walking along Bloor on my way to Future's Bakery to meet up with friends, I passed by the Hot Spot Cafe (formerly Shakespeare's Cafe) and noticed something strange. There was a yellow glow coming from it's windows. When I got closer, I noticed that the windows were covered on the inside with yellow tissue paper. My first thought was that the Hot Spot Cafe was closed due to a failed inspection. You see, Shakespeare's Cafe didn't have the best reputation for inspections (they had regular yellow "conditional" passes). I checked for the green PASS sign from Toronto DineSafe. What I found was this notice below. Read it carefully.
Made you look! This is obviously some kind of joke. I suppose the Hot Spot Cafe is closed for renovations or something. The notice made me laugh out loud on the street.

So on I went to Future's to meet up with my friends and to have a slice of their yummy cake.
I should also mention that we're still having unseasonably warm weather for January in Toronto. It's been 8-10 C these last few days, and raining just like it was Spring.

No comments: