Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2007

This post was brought to you by Mrs. Gita Kumari (Lama) Khadgi

I discovered a recipe book at Ten Thousand Villages that I'm really excited about! It's a Nepalese cookbook, published in Nepal by Kumbeshwar Technical School to celebrate their 20th Anniversary.I'm really excited because I love Nepali food, and the recipes look somewhat simple. I haven't tried any yet, but I plan to try at least one this weekend. I have a potluck on Sunday and I want to make something different than my usual (macaroni & tomato, baked beans, etc.). I'm especially interested in trying to make paneer and rice pudding.

So a couple nights ago I made a trip to my local Loblaws for supplies - mostly spices. I needed a lot of spices: aniseed, coriander seeds, cardamom, garam masala, mustard seeds, tandoori masala (not on the list but I bought it anyway, I was on a roll!). And I still need to get: meat masala, fenugreek seeds, horseradish powder, green cardamoms.

I'd post the recipes but all proceeds from the sale of this cookbook go directly to the school. And as per the copyright note, "no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored by any means electronic, mechanical, photocopy or otherwise, without prior permission of Mrs. Gita Kumari Khadgi. "

No comments: