Pages

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Have car, will drive

So in the last week it's become painfully clear that I have to leave my current abode. For reasons I'm not going to get into here (yet) I've been truly concerned about my personal security. As a result I've ramped up my efforts to find another apartment. I've been pounding the pavement in my present neighbourhood but have come up with very little. I've looked at half a dozen apartments but they all have significant flaws and don't cover my must haves.



In order to cover more area, and increase my search radius, I rented a car (yes, a cARrrr!) for Saturday. Oh, how I enjoyed having a vehicle again!!! They gave me a Ford Focus sedan, gun-metal grey, and it was a joy to drive.

Though it took me a good while to get used to driving an automatic again (my left leg still a little tense from being ready for the non-existent clutch), the car was easy to drive and good on gas. I weaved up and down streets all around West End, Fairview and Clayton Park looking for apartments. Found a few, but there's one in particular I'm really hoping for. Those of you who are the praying sort can pray about it; those of you who aren't can send positive thoughts my way instead! I really want this place, and I'm waiting, waiting, waiting to see if my application will be accepted. If it is you can expect move in photos soon - I'm hoping to move within the next couple of weeks.

I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, I thought I would also post a photo I took when I was driving around the city. It's a giant lobster.....to be expected in Nova Scotia (by some) I suppose. I took it because I can think of a few people who would laugh at this. I'm perpetuating the myth.

2 comments:

Jenn & Owen said...

I seem to feel that a couple of lines of this blog entry were aimed at me in particular.

Andrea said...

*grin*

Don't worry, you're not alone!