Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Another weekend, another storm

Halifax got it's first snow of the season yesterday. It started around 2pm with flurries, and by 6 pm the snow was coming down fairly heavy and blowing. We even had a short thunder & lightning show. I'm not sure exactly how much snow fell, but it was enough to cover my car and make the parking lot slushy.

It was a perfect night to stay in and knit. And so I did. I've been working on knitting squares for a baby blanket for someone in my family. The idea being that I would knit a bunch of squares, stitch them together and crochet the edges for a finished look. If I don't have enough yarn with the 6 balls of blue and pink Bernat denim, I'll pick up a ball of white and knit one large square for the centre which I could also embroider if there was time. All this without a pattern (because I hate following instructions). I've since realised the folly of my ways. This blanket is far more time-consuming and labour-intensive than it needed to be. I could've just knit a baby blanket on circular needles in a stockinette stitch and been done with it by now. Ah well. Live and learn. I'm about halfway done my squares so there's no point in turning back now.

It's also worthy to mention that this is post #100. Who would've thought I'd be so dedicated to keep this blog going for longer than a year.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Woo hoo 100 posts. Congratulations! Way to go on the baby blanket, I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end.