Pages

Friday, February 15, 2008

EDO Mondays

Okay, so I haven't taken my laptop in yet, but I will. It's been working enough this week to allow me time to get my files organised and transferred.

It was a productive week of getting organised - my time, my papers, my finances, etc. Of course, I couldn't have done all that I did without my "earned day off" on Monday (hereafter known as EDO Monday). EDO Mondays happen every third Monday and they are earned by working an extra half hour the rest of my workdays. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and I'm neither bored, nor overworked. So EDOs are not so much a break from work, as they are an opportunity to maximize a time for errands.

EDO Monday # 1 occurred just before my trip to Toronto, so I spent most of it running around, packing and doing laundry.

EDO Monday # 2 was spent doing other things - checking off items on my "To Do" list that I've been putting off for a little while. I looked after some finances, paid my bills for the month, made some personal/business calls, scheduled maintenance for my car, made a lasagna, and finally (after a lot of searching!) found a family doctor. I also finished knitting the baby sweater (pictures to come after I sew the seams and weave in the loose ends), and finished reading The Book of Negroes (more on this later).

Overall, it was a fantastic weekend, and a very productive week. I'm looking forward to the next EDO Monday already!

No comments: