Pages

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Current status: moving

Here's a summary of the events of the last week of moving.

I packed my boxes. (Thank-you AO for the boxes, big and small.)
And on April 26th, the movers came and loaded the tail-end of a tractor trailer with my stuff.
It took 3 men about an hour to load the truck and complete the paperwork. It was done by 2pm, leaving me with time to kill before my flight the next morning.

To keep myself busy and distracted, I went to see the Emily Carr exhibit at the AGO, browsed the CBC boutique on Front Street, then headed back to Bloor to the Korean grocery (PAT) to stock up on the perfect green curry paste.

By the time I got "home" (though there was not much left to make it home), it was time for me to turn in my keys to my landlady.

At my apartment - my very empty apartment - there was nothing to do but wait out the night. It's interesting - I left Toronto with almost exactly the same amount of luggage as when I first arrived: a suitcase, an overnight bag, a laptop and a storage bin. Except this time I'm also leaving with a cat. My flight with WestJet was due to leave at 7:15am, so I arranged for a taxi to pick me up at 4:30am. There was not point in waiting at the apartment, when I could be at the airport. So I packed up Millie in her carrier, and managed to shuffle the remenants of my seven years in Toronto to the airport. And thus ends the Toronto chapter of my life.

4 comments:

Jenn & Owen said...

Wow, that's kinda maudlin.

Charlotte said...

So sad... you're coming back to visit aren't you (she typed hopefully)?

Unknown said...

Aw, poor thing! You look so sad sitting on top of your luggage in your empty apartment.

Millie, however, just looks annoyed.

Andrea said...

Sad - a little. Not maudlin though.

Millie wasn't pleased at all to be travelling. She was a bit traumatized by the move, I'm afraid. Hopefully she'll be back to normal soon.

Definitely coming back to visit! Probably sometime this fall after my next move. :S