Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The cot at the cottage

Can you see why I've chose this as my most comfortable place?
This cot is coveted by any who visit the cottage. It's a perfect napping spot, reading spot, relaxing with some knitting spot, or a place for reflection and creative thought. And I swear time stops when you're on that cot!

This summer I had the luxury of spending a couple solitary days at the cottage and it was absolutely wonderful. This is definitely one of the biggest advantages of living in NS again - that I can take some time to go to the cottage and relax. I took a few books, a few movies with my laptop (there's no internet connection so I was still "unplugged"), and some knitting projects....and just relaxed. I didn't follow a schedule or routine - I ate when I was hungry, slept when I was sleepy, played loud music when I craved noise, and swam a couple times (though the slimy rocks and underwater growth put me off swimming in the end). It was as perfect as an earthly experience can be.
And then when the day ends, you get to enjoy the best view around...

...and the quiet solitude of a relatively uninhabited lakeside in the middle of backwoods NS (well, not far from Digby anyway) . Sadly, I didn't hear any loons, but there are always other birds, and the scampering of squirrels, and the lapping of the lake water on the shore.

Phew! I almost didn't get this post up today....now it's bedtime.
Read about what others are saying about their most comfortable places here.

8 comments:

Alli said...

I love your cottage! A comfort oasis! Excellent choice! I wish I could jump in for a swim, the water looks inviting!

Amber said...

Beautiful!!! I want to take a long nap on that cot after a canoe ride around the water. :)

Sarah C said...

What a beautiful spot! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Anonymous said...

Look at that view! The cot definitely looks inviting for a nap.

Hungry Janey said...

That look so peaceful!

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Love this. It would be nice to spend a week at a place exactly like this. You're lucky.

Heidi said...

I'm so envious = ) How I would love a cottage in the middle of nowhere to sit and listen to the loons!

My husband and I fell in love while working at a wilderness outifitting base camp in Algonquin Provencial Park. Your dock picture reminded me of the dock there. (I've been frantically searching for a picture for tomorrow!)

Kathy said...

This just might be my link for tomorrow. The picture that represents total comfort.