Pages

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

MBNA Bank sent me a letter

This is the letter I received from MBNA bank in response to my request, in November, for the source from whom they received my personal information.

Here is my favourite part: In other words: "we're not going to provide you with this information unless you give us a code we never gave you when we called you and gave you the run-around. "

I shall persist though. I have an address, and a name, and a phone number and a will. I will find their source! Not to mention, I enjoy the challenge!

I'd like to point out one more thing: Notice the unmarked envelope? And the letter with no letterhead? And no signature? What kind of business is MBNA Bank if it doesn't have ANY Branding or follow any professional letter-writing conventions?

There! That's off my chest!

Follow-up:
I called Lead Prospect Manager, Mr. A.T., and learned that MBNA Bank doesn't have letterhead because "the company is going through an identity crisis" - they are re-branding the company as Bank of America and haven't yet come up with any branding products.

And when I asked A.T. about why they didn't provide the source of my personal information, he said they don't give out that information right away but wait until the customer [or non-customer in my case] persists. He's going to email me the information tomorrow. Let's see what he uncovers. I'm anticipating it to be something like Air Miles or GoodLife.

No comments: