Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Productivity Report

So I've taken the plunge. I've started my first non-scarf knitting project. So far, so good. I've got the collar done and started the raglan shaping. I even modified the pattern ever so slightly - rather than knitting a garter stitch for the collar, I did a moss stitch, which I think looks nicer, and feels softer.

And today, while I was looking for fabric for another crafty project (that my mom is going to tackle for me), I found these cute stitch-on labels.

Since the sweater is for my nephew, yet to be born, and since I'm going to be his only Aunt (albeit a step-Aunt), I couldn't resist.

Hopefully it'll be done before the little guy's birth in April.

And because I was feeling REALLY productive today, I baked 3 dozen muffins. I hadn't quite realised how many muffins I was actually making until well after I started. The reason for my baking frenzy was to use up some applesauce I made last week.

I really like applesauce, but I could tell when I was peeling the apples that this batch wouldn't be as good as other batches I've made earlier in the Fall/Winter. This batch was made from cheap apples, that were old and soft and bruised, and not as tart as I like. As a result, the applesauce wasn't very flavourful and was too disappointing to eat on its own. So what do you do with applesauce you don't want to eat? You bake with it! Tonight I tried two different applesauce muffin recipes from the internet: this Nova Scotian healthy muffin recipe and this less healthy Pumpkin Applesauce muffin recipe , courtesy of Oprah.com. I'll wait till tomorrow to decide which I like better. For the time being I'm all muffin'ed out!

No comments: