Pages

Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend with the family

Another lovely weekend in the Valley. I was there for less than 24 hours, but got to enjoy a pretty January snowfall.
I also got to enjoy the company of family. My mother did some trouble-shooting for me with my knitting (I managed to drop a stitch but can't find it! Grr!) . She's also been babying her pup, Jessie, who's suffering from a very painful bone disease called Panosteitis. It's kind of like growing pains, but worse. Poor Jessie is limping around the house, looking very pathetic (she's got a head-bob when she limps down to a science!). She's also taken this as an opportunity for milking my folks for all the attention she can get. She's taken up residence on the futon or old sofa just like you or me when we get sick. And she likes to have her head propped on your lap, or a pillow or the arm of a sofa. Really, it's truly pathetic! Though I do sympathise with her. Not all of it is put-on. Her poor puppy-legs are in pain.

No comments: